Fall Family Fun on Howard Street
Name: Fall Family Fun on Howard Street
Date: October 16, 2021
Time: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM CDT
Fall Family Fun On Howard Street
Chalk Howard Street is joining forces with our Pop-Up People Spot!
Nate Baranowski will be creating a sidewalk 3D chalk piece, so join us for interactive activities such as board games, arts and crafts, live painting, live music by Four Star Brass Band, business specials and more. Everyone is welcome to dress up!
We will pass candy and offering refreshments.
- Take one-of-a-kind photos with 3D Halloween-themed artwork by professional artist Nate Baranowski. Watch Nate create the art in the morning and immerse yourself in the 3D scene beginning around 2 p.m.
- 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.: Play games and enjoy arts and crafts at the Rogers Park Business Alliance Pop-Up People Spot
- 1 - 2 p.m.: Enjoy Four Star Brass Band
- 1 p.m.: Learn a new board game, Munchkin, at Athena Board Game Cafe
- Wear your Halloween costume or shop the incredible selection of costumes at Lost Eras!
About the Pop-Up People Spot
Every month a temporary Pop-Up People Spot will take place in a different commercial corridor. The people's spot (parklet) will be set up on a parking spot adjacent to a local business with tables and chairs and interactive activities for the community to enjoy.
The Pop-Up People Spot has three goals:
- Strengthen Business by supporting and bringing awareness to local businesses in Rogers Park
- Build community by providing opportunities for neighbors to meet and have fun together
- Inspire people to collectively reimagine and reinvent gathering spaces
Every week from August 13, repeating every Friday through October 1 from 11 a.m.-noon, one local business will be featured in the festival’s drawing sessions throughout the 2021 festival season, featuring 6 businesses on Howard Street and two from Jarvis Square.
The Instagram streaming offers 3D chalk art lessons by Baranowski as well as interviews with the business owners and explores the vibrant Howard Street community in Rogers Park. The finished 3D art will be installed at each corresponding featured business on the day of streaming, and a festival map is available for a self-guided outdoor walking tour Walk Chalk Howard Street for visitors to view the 3D art in person and explore local businesses in the neighborhood. More information here.