Chalk Howard Street | Good to Go
Name: Chalk Howard Street | Good to Go
Date: September 17, 2021
Chalk Howard Street festival returns to Rogers Park for its third year in a virtual format on August 13, repeating on every Friday through October 1st.
Featuring acclaimed Chicago 3D chalk artist Nate Baranowski, the festival will demonstrate the creation of 3D chalk art featuring meals or products from Howard Street and Jarvis Square businesses for the virtual sessions, which will be released every Friday via Howard Street?s Instagram page (@HowardStreetChicago).
The finished 3D art will be installed at each corresponding featured business with a festival map available at howardstreetchicago.com, Howard Street Facebook and Instagram (@HowardStreetChicago), and RPBA.org for a self-guided outdoor 3D art experience Walk Chalk Howard Street, where visitors can view the art in person and explore local businesses.
Every week, one local business will be featured in the festival?s drawing sessions?eight in total throughout the 2021 festival season, with six on Howard Street and two from Jarvis Square. The Instagram releases offer 3D chalk art lessons by Baranowski as well as interviews with the business owners, and explore the vibrant Howard Street community in Rogers Park.
The 2021 Chalk Howard Street schedule and featured businesses are:
- August 13 - Charmers Café & Horse Play
- August 20 - Legacy Barber College
- August 27 - Howard Street Brewing
- September 3 - The Factory Theater
- September 10 - I'm Soul Hungry
- September 17 - Good to Go
- September 24 - The Recyclery
- October 1 - Anto Pizza & Pasta Chicago
- October 16 - Live chalk art drawing at Howard and Paulina Streets *In-person